Excel Physical Therapy Newsletter
2014 Excel College Scholarship
We are very excited to announce the sixth annual “Excel Physical Therapy College Scholarship.” Excel will award a minimum of five (5) $1,000 scholarships to graduating members of the class of 2014. The recipients will be selected from eligible applicants from the private and public high schools in the following school districts:
Omaha District 66 Papillion/LaVista Bellevue Ralston Millard
Council Bluffs Elkhorn Boys Town Fremont Columbus Grand Island
Our 2013 recipients were:
- Connor Phillips- Omaha North High School – $2,500.00
- Heather Gunderson- Millard South High School
- Matthew Schrader- Fremont High School
- Lauren Meeker- Council Bluffs Abraham Lincoln High School
- Margaret Novoa- Westside High School
Applicants demonstrated a sincere interest in pursuing a career in Physical Therapy.
Scholarship Application Guidelines:
1. Complete the application form.
2. All information must be submitted in the same packet.
3. Recommendation letters must be signed and included.
4. Application deadline February 21, 2014.
5. Any information deemed false or invalid will be grounds for ineligibility.
EXCEL PHYSICAL THERAPY SCHOLARSHIP CRITERIA
Eligibility for the scholarship requires:
- A cumulative high school GPA of 3.5 or greater through the first semester of their senior year.
- Active involvement in a varsity sport or other school sanctioned extra-curricular activity (i.e. band, drama, debate, student council, school paper, etc.).
- Planned enrollment in a four year college/university with the intention to major in a Physical Therapy course of study.
1. Completed applications are due by February 21, 2014. Applications should be mailed to:
Excel Physical Therapy
2403 South 133rd Plaza
Omaha, NE 68144
2. The scholarship award winners will be selected during the month of March, 2014 and will be notified by letter.
3. The award winner must notify Excel Physical Therapy of the college or university they will be attending no later than August 1, 2014.
4. Excel Physical Therapy will mail a check in the amount of $1,000 payable to the student once “proof of enrollment” is received from the school.
5. A completed packet for the Excel Physical Therapy Scholarship will include
- Application form-completed and signed
- Two letters of recommendation:
One from a high school teacher or counselor
One from a supervisor or coach of any extra -curricular activity.
- Official high school transcripts
- Any awards of noted achievements (copies of certificates)
Scholarship information and applications can be found at your schools guidance office.
Celebrating 25 Years!!
*Excel Physical Therapy is celebrating our 25th year of service! Excel Physical Therapy is a “therapist owned”, independent, out-patient physical therapy practice primarily specializing in orthopedics. Excel was started in 1988 and is headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska. Physical Therapy services are provided at 12 convenient locations across Nebraska and Iowa as well as on- site at several Omaha area industries.
All Metro/State Football and Volleyball Teams
Excel Physical Therapy is proud to be a top choice for high school athletes recovering from an injury. We have been helping athletes get back in the game since 1988. In the past year, we are proud to have helped 14 All Metro/State Football players and 6 All Metro/State Volleyball Players! Congratulations to you all!
2013 Diaper Drive
The 2013 Diaper Drive was a success! Altogether, we collected 3,516 diapers. With Excel’s match, we were able to donate a total of 7,032 diapers to the Channel 94.1 Diaper Drive supporting the Lydia House. Thank you to all who donated and participated in this event!
Raising for Gold!
Excel Physical Therapy pledged $100.00 to the Omaha Hope Lodge for every gold medal won by the US Olympic team at the games held in London last month. With the 46 gold medals won, Excel presented a check for 4,600.00 to the American Cancer Society on September 5th. The Hope Lodge will provide free lodging for out of town cancer patients that are receiving treatment in Omaha.
2013 Best of Omaha
Your Vote Counts!
Excel Physical Therapy has been fortunate to have received The Best of Omaha award for the past 4 years. We are continually striving to be the best in the metro. Please visit www.bestofomaha.com and VOTE for Excel Physical Therapy for BEST Physical Therapy and Rehab! Thank you Omaha for your continued support!
Raising for Gold!
Excel Physical Therapy is excited to announce that we will be donating money to the American Cancer Society’s Omaha Hope Lodge during the 2012 Summer Olympics for our Raising for Gold Campaign. Starting Friday, July 27th, the start of the Summer Olympic Games, through Sunday, August 12th, Excel Physical Therapy will Contribute $100.00 for every gold medal won by the USA Olympic team to help build the Hope Lodge. To stay up to date on Gold medals won and for final results like us on Facebook.
Information about the Hope Lodge:
- The Hope Lodge, sponsored by the American Cancer Society will provide free lodging for adult cancer patients that are receiving treatment in Omaha.
- The Hope Lodge will provide a supportive environment for patients and caregivers in a comfortable setting.
- Located at 81st & Old Dodge Road (Behind BP filling station)
- The Lodge will have 38 rooms for cancer patients and a care giver, common areas for dining, exercising, meditation, a library and kitchen.
- This Hope Lodge will be one of approximately 40 lodges across the nation.
- The average stay for a patient is 6 weeks.
“Excel Physical Therapy is excited to tie in our patriotism with giving back to the community by donating funds to help build the Hope Lodge.”
Excel on Facebook
Excel PT is proud to have a page on Facebook. We hope you would like to keep in touch with us, as we would like to keep in contact with you. Like us on Facebook, and keep up-to-date on Excel company news, physical therapy tips, Excel’s community involvement, and more!
We Like You, and hope you will Like us too! Click here to visit our Facebook page.